Some customers prefer to use Google Apps (Gmail) to host their mail instead of using the offered e-mail service by HostUpon. This is perfectly fine and can be easily configured through cPanel.
- Log into your cPanel account.
- Click on the “Remote MX Wizard” Icon under the Email section
- Select the domain from the drop down that will use Google Apps, click “Next Step”
- Select any further apps you wish to switch. (docs, contacts, calendar)
- Click “Configure Domain with Google Apps” button
- Click “OK” on the Dialog that pops up
You’ve now configured all e-mail for your domain name to direct to Gmail and you will no longer be using HostUpon email services. Keep in mind that it may take 24-48 hours to properly function as the DNS resolves.