If you are receiving “550 Access denied – Invalid HELO name” (or a similar error message) in your email client it means that you have not enabled SMTP authentication. Our servers require authentication for outbound email., please check your settings as follows:
- From the Menu Bar, Click Tools then Click E-mail Accounts
- Select “View or change existing e-mail accounts” then Click “Next”
- Select your Email account then Click “Change”
- Click “More settings”
- Select “Outgoing Server” tab
- Select the box beside “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”
- Select “Use same settings as my incoming email server”
- Click “Ok”
- Click “Next”
- Click “Finish”
- From the Menu Bar, Click Tools, then Account Settings
- This will bring up the Account Settings window where you can click on Outgoing Server (SMTP) at the bottom of the list in on the left side of the window.
- Back in the middle of the window, select the appropriate outgoing server and click the “Edit” button.
- Make sure “Authentication method” is set to “Normal password”
- Click OK to close the SMTP edit window and again on the Account Settings window.
- From within Mac Mail Click Mail, Preferences, then Accounts
- Near the bottom of the window, look for Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), click the drop down arrow and select “Edit SMTP Server List…”
- Click the Advanced button in the middle of the window and make sure Authentication is set to “Password.”
- Click OK to close the edit window